December Exam Schedule: (see policies below)
Wednesday, December 16, 2020
8:30-10:00 1st Period Exams
10:30-12:00 2nd Period Exams
Thursday, December 17, 2020
8:30-10:00 3rd Period Exams
10:30-12:00 4th Period Exams
Friday, December 18, 2020
8:30-10:00 5th Period Exams
10:30-12:00 6th Period Exams
Spring Exam Schedule: (see policies below)
Thursday, May 13, 2021
Friday, May 14, 2021
7th-11th Grade Schedule
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
8:10-9:40 1st Period Exams
10:00-11:30 2nd Period Exams
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
8:10-9:40 3rd Period Exams
10:00-11:30 4th Period Exams
Thursday, May 20, 2021
8:10-9:40 5th Period Exams
10:00-11:30 6th Period Exams
Study to show yourself approved….
“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15 (ESV)
REMINDER - EXAM POLICY
Exam Exemption Policy (from the DCS Handbook page 13)
Students in grades 9-12, with teacher and administrative approval, may exempt a number of exams each semester according to the information below by earning a semester average of 93 or better in the course. Middle School students may not exempt exams.
Freshmen: one (1) exam Sophomores: two (2) exams
Juniors: three (3) exams Seniors: all exams
The decision of which exam(s) an eligible student wishes to exempt must be made by the published deadline. Students may be denied the opportunity to exempt exams in cases of excessive absence or tardiness. Excessive is defined as being absent, tardy, or checking out five times per semester. Also, any teacher may choose to make his/her exam ineligible for exemption. South Carolina Virtual School Courses and Dual Enrollment courses must follow the course outline and students must take exams as outline by the relative schools.
- All students must attend review classes.
- When exemption applies, seniors do not need a note for missing an examination period. Seniors must sign in and out. All underclassmen will need a tardy note or early dismissal note and sign in and out.
EXAM WEEK POLICIES
- 7th – 12th students are extended the privilege of late arrival in the morning before 8:20, but must be seated in the exam room prior to the administration of the exam. If a student arrives during regular drop-off time, that student is expected to be present and seated in the exam room by 8:10 and not freely roaming campus.
- If a student is exempt from an exam, that student is not required to be on campus during the administration of that exam.
- If a student is exempt from the first exam period of a particular day but must take an exam during the second exam period, that student has the privilege of arriving later to campus between 10:00-10:20. If a student is exempt from an exam but is on campus, that student will study quietly in the exempted exam room with the remaining classmates.
- No student may leave campus early without written permission from a parent or guardian. Verbal permission will not be accepted. The permission documents will be submitted to and kept in the front office.
- Students will remain in their exam room until the full completion of the exam period. Additionally, no student will be allowed to leave campus, even with permission, during the timeframe of an exam period (medical and emergency occurrences excluded).
- A senior may leave the exam room after completion of their last scheduled exam for that particular day, but must depart campus immediately after the exam and subsequent sign-out procedures.
- All normal sign-in and sign-out policies apply (all late arriving and early departing students must sign in/out in the front office).